BlanketyBlog

Now with 50% more fail!

Google

Sunday, December 12, 2004

The Twelve Days of Hell Before Christmas, Part One

I don't know about the rest of you, but if you're up to losing your mind, December is the time to do it. For me, it's especially hectic, and can be broken down into three stages:

1) Birthday time, from the 1st to the 9th
2) Shopping for Christmas gifts, from the 10th to hopefully the 18th
3) Christmas through New Years.


Phase one is usually the easiest. I can dwell back on what my past year brought me and look forward to what the following year can bring. I don't really expect a birthday present, seeing as its close to Christmas, but most of the time I get some nice holiday wear. The phase ends with ham and cake. Yaaay!!

Phase two...That was yesterday. Seeing as there's absolutely no place to shop where I live, there's the option of either a half-hour drive to Rice Lake or the hour trip to Eau Claire. I chose the latter. The drive down isn't so bad; it's once you hit Hastings Way that it becomes a beeyatch.

I think Eau Claire is a wonderful city, but I think the fact that most of the major shopping attractions are too close to each other. Oakwood Mall for awhile was the biggest spot out by Golf Road, but once Wal-Mart, Target, and Menards all relocated to that area, traffic hell erupted. And then people had to complain about plans for a Krispy Kreme not too far from there. C'mon, it's KRISPY KREME! How can you complain about that? Thank goodness for Holiday, though. JMO

Either way, the first point was Oakwood Mall..heh. I was able to get my sister her gift. After that, we hit Borders and Best Buy, where one of my nephews and my mom were taken care of. Next, Target (motto: "Here in Northwest Wisconsin, this is as upscale as it gets"). Bada blank, the other nephew. Escaping the hell of Golf Road, we hit Clairemont Avenue (which promptly yelled "Hey!") and Shopko. Guess what? The rest of my list was taken care of.

Right now, I have no freaking desire to start wrapping anything. The Packers/Lions game took a lot of energy out of me, and Survivor is on.

That concludes Part One....look in January for Part Two. In between then, look for more random ramblings from me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home