BlanketyBlog

Now with 50% more fail!

Google

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Milwaukee Vice: My Recent Adventure in the Brew City, Part Two

Hello again! When I last left you hanging---er, going "meh", the party Impala (myself, The Old Lady, the Sister, One of Her Two Hellions, and the Aunt) had reached Miller Park, where we proceeded to walk about a mile in the rain. It was 6:10 PM, and our Somewhat-Beloved Brewers were up to bat.

6:11: I'll stop with this time crap because I really didn't notice after that. Either way, it was a 1-2-3 inning, and my sister got her first beer of the evening. Score: Cardinals 1, Brewers 0.

Second Inning: we spot Bob Uecker in the radio booth, and the two guys that call the game on TV next door, watching Wisconsin/Michigan on ESPN2. The pitcher, a minor leaguer by the name of Gary Glover is able to go scoreless during the top half. My aunt wants some peanuts, and Mom wants water. I'll spare you how much a 20 ounce bottle of water costs, but it'll leave your jaw dropped. FWIW: it costs four bucks for a 32 ounce Mountain Dew.

Two outs, and two Brewers are on base for catcher Chad Moeller. One pitch later, Chad cracks one out of the ballpark into the Miller Lite Beerpen. Bernie Brewer goes down the slide, and the Brewers fans go nuts. Two batters later, JJ Hardy, the shortstop, sends the crowd into a tizzy again with a two-run tater. Not long after that, Mark Mulder's ass is out of there.

My sister has another beer.
Hellion goes for some Dippin' Dots.
Michigan leads Wisconsin 13-3 at the half.

Some innings pass, with the Brewers posting an 8-2 lead. Glover is pitching quite well. Geoff Jenkins gets called out at home, pissing off the crowd. A bunch of free autographed crap is given away to lucky fans.

"Name that Tune" is played....a woman guesses correctly that the organist is playing Stevie Wonder's "I Just Called to Say I Love You." Awwww.

Speaking of, I just hate to leave you hanging, but I have some other stuff to do. Stay tuned for Part Three, with a special guest appearance by the Racing Sausages, and Randall Simon's bat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home