BlanketyBlog

Now with 50% more fail!

Google

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Presenting.....THE LENTEN CUSS BOX!!!

Or, "What happens when it snows in Wisconsin."

This morning started out perfectly fine. Woke up with about 2o minutes to get dressed and ready for Mass. Yeah, I like working under very short time restraints.

Anyways, I do get to church just barely. After Mass, I find out that the Operation Rice Bowl boxes are in the lobby. As a tradition, I pick up the box and use it for loose change. Whatever change I have by Good Friday goes into the Easter collection.

This year, I'm doing things a little different. Since I have a filthy mouth (pretty surprising for a Catholic conservative, isn't it?), I'm instituting a new policy for myself. For every profanity posted on this blog between now and Easter, I throw five cents in the box.

I'm only counting "Here, Pussy!" once, though. Unless I change the little blurby shit into another profane Whose Line? quote. Chances are that's highly likely.

"But Hannah," most of you are probably not thinking, "Simpsons did it!" Yes, that's where I got the idea.

For those of you who may not remember that episode, Marge got pissed off at Homer (and possibly Bart) for their constant foul language. She came up with "The Cuss Jar," where Homer would have to throw change in every time he swore. Sure enough, the thing filled up pretty damn fast. But Homer didn't stop swearing; in fact, he swore so much in front of the Flanders kids they though it was perfectly acceptable to use those words.

Back on topic, I'm going to do a weekly count of cusses and other profane words. Each Friday, the Cuss Count will be posted with the amount of change going into the box based on the number of curse words used. For argument's sake, any posts currently on the page up to this point will be counted. I figure rather than trying to give up swearing (In Wisconsin? Are you fucking nuts?), I'd penalize myself and stuff.

That being said, I'm going to sing along to "It's Hard Being A Pimp." Shit, yeah.

The Lenten Cuss Box campaign has officially begun!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home